Beverly: One Month and Fender Benders

Dear Beverly,

Today you turned 1 month! I took pictures to remember the occasion and to help document how much you have grown!


Your little personality is really showing through! Your daddy and I sure do love you! 

I wanted a way to document your life but didn’t find scrapbooking appealing so I thought a blog would be a nice way to do it. I was up for a couple of hours last night thinking of how I wanted the blog to look. I thought about making a mommy blog to share with the whole world but decided against it. Instead this blog is for you and your future brothers and sisters. It will be a way to record life’s little moments. One day you might read it and laugh at how little your mom knew about being a mother but I hope you also see how hard I tried and how much I love you! 

On Tuesdays daddy goes to an Equine Therapy Facility in Saratoga Springs to help with the horses and get volunteer hours for Med School. On his way home he got in a little car crash. No one was hurt but he came home pretty upset with himself. When he called me and told me, I laughed. I wasn’t upset or even stressed which surprised me. Rather I felt at peace and knew it was all going to be alright. We would find a way to pay for the damages and life would go on. Once Mckay got home I went to the temple and was reflecting on my reaction. Once again I felt peace and said a prayer to thank God for the peace. The gospel gives us perspective, a small car crash and extra bills are not something to fret about and so I made the decision not to. While at the temple I had the strongest impression that it would all work out and that God was getting ready to bless us, all we needed to do was show we trusted him. When I got home daddy and I talked over our finances and we made a plan. Everything is going to work out, we just might not have a car for a little bit :) 


We are going to Bear Lake this week for the Whiting Family Reunion so Grandma Strong is coming down to Provo to pick us up and take us to her house. We will then drive her car to Bear Lake. When I texted Grandma Strong to tell what happened, Daddy told me to tell her not to come pick us up because he didn’t want to inconvenience anyone else. I teased him and told him to get over himself. Grandma loves to drop everything and help us out. That is just the way she is. That is just the way mommy’s are :) 

My dear little Beverly we are so blessed. When we do our best and follow God’s commandments everything works out, not the way we always plan but the way God plans and God’s plans are always the best. 

Love, Mom 

Comments

Popular Posts