Beverly: Cabin Trip and Scripture Study

Dear Beverly,

This last week was so busy and fun! We stayed at Grandma Strongs Monday, Tuesday and Wedneday while daddy was at FOL for BYU. Then on Friday we went to a cabin in Big Cottonwood Canyon with some of our good friends. We spent the weekend hiking, enjoying the beautiful weather, playing card games and talking. It was very fun!! Below are LOTS (probably too many 😊) pictures of our fun week!


You and Daddy hanging out at the cabin. Daddy was in charge of getting you to go to sleep. 


A fun hike we did on Saturday to Lake Cathrine. 


Our friend Kenzie holding you. 


The Boardwalk at Brighton


We took this same picture with our friends Gaby and Joe last year. They weren’t married yet and we didn’t have you yet. 




Our friends Gaby, Joe, Jordon, Kenzie, Scott and Emily. We are so lucky to have such great couple friends! (They are all newly weds if you couldn’t tell 😁) 

School starts tomorrow and I am feeling a little anxious tonight. I have been wondering lately what I have gotten myself into and wondering if it was a good idea to have a baby while still in school. I know it is possible, many girls do it, but will I be able to do it? I hope so.

I am trying to start you on a sleep schedule. I have been researching what works best and have found lots of different opinions on how to sleep train a baby. I've decided to take elements of some of the different methods and adapt it to what I think will be best for you. So tonight at 8pm I gave you a bath and a massage and then put your pjs on and fed you while listening to some lullabies I found on a spotify playlist. So far it has worked because you are now passed out on my chest :)

While I was feeding you I decided to study the scriptures. I have been slacking lately mostly because I was struggling to do it the way I used to do it and wanted to do it: sitting at my desk with a study journal to record impressions I had and studying specific topics. Well as a new mom that wasn’t happening. I kept thinking I just needed to wake up earlier before you got up but then I realized it’s  okay to adapt! I have a newborn baby and what matters is that I just do it, even if it's only for 10 mins while you are nursing and if I'm tired it's okay to just listen to the scriptures instead of read them. I felt so relieved and silly for thinking I had to study the scriptures a certain way to have it be worthwhile. When I came to this realization I felt a lot of peace as if God was letting me know that it would be enough amd that I was doing fine :) I'm so grateful for personal revelation!! So, tonight I read a talk from President Nelson given in 1988 titled "With God Nothing Shall be Impossible". It was the perfect talk to calm my anxieties about starting school. I truly believe that God wanted me to have you at this time so that He could teach me in "unlikely ways". Beverly I want you to know that I believe President Nelson is a prophet and that the gospel has been restored. I know that God guides his children as he did anciently and that as you study the words of his ancient and modern prophets you will not get lost in the confusion of the world.

We love you sweet girl.

Love, Mom


Comments

Popular Posts