Beverly: Instruments in His hands

Dear Beverly,

I went to Walmart tonight to get groceries. The place was packed with all the students coming back from Thanksgiving break. I got all our groceries and headed to checkout. I got in line and waited 20 min before finally being able to put our stuff on the conveyer belt. By that point you had started to cry (you were hungry and tired) and I was getting tired too!

I put all of the WIC food on first and the checkout girl started to ring me up; however, there system was having some problems processing my WIC checks and she had to keep going to get her manager. I felt super bad for all the people behind me. The lady right behind me had two severely handicapped boys with her and only had 2 items. I was wishing I had let her go first. When the cashier had finished up my WIC stuff and was about to start ringing up my other things I noticed I had forgot my wallet. I panicked! I quickly told the cashier to not ring in anything up and I would just take my WIC stuff and go, you were crying a lot by this point and I had no way of getting my wallet (I really wish I had an iPhone to use Apple Pay!).  As I told the cashier this the lady behind me with the two handicapped boys said “I’ll get it for you, I’ve been where you are.”

When I finally got to our car, unloaded the groceries and had you buckled in, I cried. There were many things that the lady paid for that we didn’t really need. I had a package of fancy more expensive razors, some candles, a brownie mix and a very large container of laundry detergent that I could have gone without. My bill for all those things and the other food was pretty high; yet, she was totally willing to pay for it all. I cried because it was such a selfless act of love and because I felt the love of Heavenly Father and knew that He was looking out for me.

Beverly, I hope to do as this lady did and be an instrument in God’s hands to bless the lives of others and I hope that you will seek to do likewise.

Love, Mom


Comments

Popular Posts